3 Easy Ways to Search for a Locksmith Near You!
Being in a situation where you need a locksmith can be stressful. You may have lost you keys or have locked yourself out of your home and need to find a professional locksmith quickly. If you want to find an emergency locksmith there are 3 easy ways to do this.
How to find a locksmith near you.
- Google Search. The easiest way to find a locksmith near you if you have internet access is to use Google search on a device, mobile phone, tablet, PC or laptop. Chances are if you are locked outside of your home you will probably have a mobile phone on you. Open your browser and Google search for a ‘locksmith near me’. This will bring up a list of local locksmiths to your area. If you have your location services turned on, Google will recognise your exact location and find page listings for locksmiths in your nearby area, or simply put locksmith and add in your area.
- Directory Listings. There are many telephone directories that will list working trade professionals such as the Yellow Pages, BT or very local smaller directories such as Dentons. You can browse the adverts in their telephone books if you have one; if you don’t you can request a book from their website or by calling them. Most directories will also have an online service where you can search the listings via a device with internet access.
- Save a number to your phone in case of an emergency. As simple as it sounds, have yourself prepared for the worst. Find a telephone number of a locksmith local to your area that provides an emergency half hour service and save it on your phone. You will always be prepared in the event of being locked out with a contact when you need one.
Things to look for when finding a locksmith
When finding an emergency locksmith you ideally want to find a locksmith who can provide you with the following.
- Fast response times – When your locked out you’re need to get a locksmith to you quickly so it’s important when finding the right locksmith that they can provide a fast responsive 30 minute service.
- CRB checked – When hiring a locksmith or any professional that will be working on your property’s security it’s important to know they are trustworthy professionals, if your locksmith has a CRB / DBS check you can ensure they are clear of criminal offences.
- 12 month guarantee – Locksmiths that offer a 12 month guarantee will give you peace of mind that the work they carry out will be covered for at least 12 months.
- Trained and accredited engineer – Look for a locksmith with an accreditation or similar in locksmithing. Many locksmiths will undertake training courses to either train and learn skills or help certify their knowledge. This can help you be confident in trusting the locksmith you use.