Whether you are going away or spending time relaxing at home, don’t forget to be security conscious over the Easter break! Your home should be considered a safe space for you and your family, and the only people searching your home and belongings should be hunting for Easter Eggs; therefore we have compiled some tips on how to keep your home secure.
- Store objects which can be used to access your home, such as bins and ladders, securely and out of sight.
- Use deterrents such as light timers and television simulators to help your home appear occupied when you are out.
- A car in the driveway often indicates that someone is home. If you are going on holiday this Easter ask a neighbour to park in your driveway, even for a couple of hours each day.
- Keep your valuable items out of sight and away from windows. Don’t make your home a shop window for burglars by putting your prized possessions on display.
- If you are lucky enough to be going away on holiday this Easter, don’t share your holiday plans online and only share photos when you are back at home. Social media websites often share your current location, letting people know you are not home and potentially putting you at risk of burglary.
- Even if you are not travelling this Easter, the security of your home should be a priority. It is important to always lock your doors and windows at night and whenever you leave the house, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
Burglars don’t take holidays, but they will take advantage of yours! While Easter holidays should be a time for relaxation for most, burglars will spring into action while homes are vacant and occupants are out and about. Remember, a burglar can only enter your home the same way as you, through the doors and windows; therefore it is crucial your locks are up to date and secure. The locksmiths at KeytekTM provide a variety of locksmith services including full security and home insurance compliance checks, to book call 03303320589 or visit keytek.co.uk.