Be extra flippin’ careful this Pancake Day
Cooking is one of the leading causes of house fires and fire-related injuries, so this Shrove Tuesday follow our top tips to keep you and your family safe in the kitchen – however this won’t guarantee the quality of your pancakes 😉
How to prevent kitchen fires
- Test your smoke alarm before you proceed to cook.
- Always pay attention
- Always switch off the cooker when leaving it unattended
- Keep flammable items away from the cooker
- Supervise children in the kitchen at all times
In case of an emergency:
- Do not attempt to move something on fire, and never throw water on it.
- If possible, turn off the heat.
- Get everyone out of the building.
- Call the emergency services.
For more advice regarding fires in the kitchen, and fire safety in general, visit the fire safety advice centre on https://www.firesafe.org.uk