Local Heroes has been set up by British Gas to redefine the way that trade related jobs are done. British Gas has used world class consumer internet companies and experts from within to create a system that works for customers and tradespeople. They understand that it can be hard for a homeowner to find trustworthy reliable tradespeople and Local Heroes has created a way for consumers to find services at a fair price and at a time that suits them.
Local Heroes has a strict code of conduct that all heroes must adhere to, this includes; always providing a quote before the work starts, be polite, friendly and treat you and your property with respect, never take cash payments. They will only accept payment through the Local Heroes website and keep the customer updated throughout the work. This is how booking a job with Local Heroes works;
- Get an instant online price estimate
- Choose a time and date to suit you (can also decide after Local Heroes find someone)
- Local Heroes find a great local tradesman (Hero) and notify you by text message, usually within 15 minutes
- Have an initial chat with the Hero to discuss your job
- Get a free on site quote
- Decide whether to go ahead with the repair or think about it for a few days
- Pay online using a Card or PayPal once the job has been completed
Keytek® are proud to not only be working with Local Heroes as a ‘Hero’ but have also gained the title of ‘Super Hero’. This means that our engineers have gone above and beyond in the treatment of our customers and our feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. This is what Local Heroes had to say about their ‘Super Hero’ status;
“The level of customer service we’ve seen from our Heroes in the past year or so has been astonishing – our customer feedback is overwhelmingly positive – and we really wanted to find some way of rewarding that dedication and incentivising continued great work.
The new SuperHero status is our way of thanking the Heroes and offering a great target for the new Heroes we have coming on board every day.”