Locked your keys accidentally inside your vehicle and find yourself locked out?
So, you’re locked out of your car? Don’t worry; it’s a pretty common thing to happen. Firstly, don’t panic, what you need to do is call an emergency locksmith. Whether you are locked out of your car in the middle of the night, or first thing in the morning, our trained locksmiths are available night and day, 365 days of the year, to get you back into your vehicle.
When you are locked out of your car, and need an emergency locksmith, you want to be reassured that you are using an engineer that is experienced, credible and trustworthy. At Keytek™ all of our locksmiths are DBS (formally CRB) checked and are fully assessed and accredited by industry experts.
Reasons for being locked out of your car / van / truck
- You’ve locked the key inside the car (most commonly people have their keys locked inside the boot)
- lost your vehicle keys – read our lost car key page
- The keys are broken or damaged.
- The transponder chip in your car key is damaged and you need replacement car keys and possibly the car keys need reprogramming
- The car door latch is stuck and won’t open
- Your car door lock is broken
What do I do when I find myself locked out of my vehicle?
The locksmith will then ask you the following questions…
- Where are the keys? Are they in the boot of the vehicle, back seat or passenger’s seat?
- Are the keys in the ignition and is the engine running?
- Has the car been deadlocked prior to the keys being locked inside?
- What make, model and year is the vehicle?
- Are the windows electric or manual?
Lost, misplaced or had your car keys stolen?
If you require a new key for your vehicle for whatever reason you will need to contact your local auto-locksmith who will specifically specialise in vehicle key cutting and coding rather than calling a domestic locksmith.